Tax Accountant – CPA or CPA candidate – Full-time
Dynamically growing CPA firm with two offices in Westlake / southwest Austin and northwest Austin and recognized as one of the top CPA firms in Austin has a career opportunity. For the self-motivated accounting professional, we offer the flexibility to work remotely on some days, as well as to collaborate with staff members at the office.
The firm is a leader in servicing the complex accounting needs in the Austin community, as well as for rapidly growing global corporations in industries that include technology, oil and gas, real estate, construction, aviation, manufacturing, website distribution, and licensed professional services. The executive team members average over twenty years of experience in designing customized solutions to address progressively complex tax and accounting challenges.
Our team needs another rock star with the professional tax experience to be a proven value add to our client-focused practice. The position allows for the opportunity to have a direct impact in all areas of Mangold Anker Phillips now and in the future.
- CPA license is preferred and will consider a CPA candidate depending upon experience.
- Three to seven years preparation of complex business and individual income tax returns required.
- Experience in tax projections and planning is preferred.
- ProSystemsFX and Engagement experience is a plus.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks, general ledger cleanup, reconciliations, financial reports, and an ability to set up new client accounting systems is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated to serve clients
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, is a team player, likes complexity and challenges
- Always looking to improve and eager to grow in the public accounting profession.
A competitive compensation package is commensurate with experience. Please complete online employment application below with information not recorded on an attached resume.
Please also send a cover letter explaining:
1) why you are interested in this particular position,
2) whether or not you can work at one of the firm office locations in Austin, Texas, and
3) your schedule to obtain a CPA license if you do not currently have a CPA license.