We have a sophisticated understanding of accounting, taxation, financial statement analysis, and business operations in many different industries with proven competence in valuation. We provide expertise to determine the best methodology to fulfill the purpose and provide the documentation to withstand any challenges by the IRS or other parties.
Mangold Anker Phillips works with wealth advisors, other CPAs, and attorneys specializing in estate planning, civil litigation, and family law to provide a team approach in order to achieve the client’s objectives. Our valuations are guided by sound theory and appropriate rulings and comply with professional standards governed by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA).
Our team of professionals has the skills and experience to provide our clients with valuation services for variety of purposes, such as:
- Planning for a business sale, merger, acquisition, or stock offering
- Obtaining financing from a lender for the purchase of a business
- Estate and gift tax planning
- Creating a succession plan
- Cashing out a business for retirement
- Marriage dissolution – In a divorce case, tracing, analysis of income tax issues, property interest valuations and distributions, as well as valuations of closely held businesses may be needed.
- Litigation consulting & dispute resolutions – The valuation encompasses the preparation of business damages calculations and the valuation of a shareholder’s business interest.
- Filing insurance claims
- Executive compensation
- Shareholder / Corporate planning
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) creation and administration – ESOPs, allowed by the Internal Revenue Code, are retirement plans to which the company contributes its stock for the benefit of the company employees. ESOPs are required to be valued at least annually. Additionally, ESOP valuations are performed for shareholder liquidity, estate planning, management succession planning, employee motivation, privatization, and acquisitions.
- Financial reporting
- Tax and financial planning
Our CPAs with valuation credentials are as follows. View complete bios of all team members here.
Thomas Mangold, CPA/ABV/CITP
Thomas Mangold, President of Mangold Anker Phillips, holds the Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) Credential awarded by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA). The ABV Credential is granted exclusively to CPAs who have demonstrated an expertise in the complexities of business valuation. AICPA members are bound to the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct. Thomas has the additional credential of the AICPA Certified IT Professional (CITP) credential.
Erin G. Anker, CPA/CFF, CFE, CVA
Erin Anker, a partner of Mangold Anker Phillips, has over 25 years of accounting, auditing, and tax experience. Erin holds the advanced credential of Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA) awarded by the National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (NACVA). NACVA’s rigorous certification demonstrates a complete understanding of the process and a broad base of knowledge from which a professional can build. Erin has the additional credentials of Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF) awarded by the AICPA and Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) awarded by the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners.